It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of cutting, pruning, removing, otherwise treating trees within the City, without first obtaining an annual license from the city clerk. Nothing contained in this article shall be construed to prevent owners or occupants from performing work on their own property.

(Ord. 2482)

An application shall be made in writing and presented to the city clerk along with proof of insurance. Such application shall show the applicant's name and address and such other information as may be prescribed by administrative staff, and shall be made on forms available in the city clerk's office.

(Ord. 2482)

                                                                             First Year                  Renewal
               Tree Service Contractor                                  $50.00                       $25.00

(a)   All licenses shall expire on midnight, December 31 of each year.

(b)   Failure to renew annual license by March 1 shall cause applicant to surrender double the renewal fee for licensing.

(Ord. 2482)

Any person, prior to obtaining a license hereunder shall maintain minimum liability coverage of $300,000 and provide a copy to be filed with the city clerk.

(Ord. 2482)

(a)   Any person violating or failing to comply with the provisions of this article shall be fined in Municipal Court a sum:

(1)   First conviction - not less than $50.00 nor more than $100.00;

(2)   Second conviction - not less than $100.00 nor more than $300.00;

(3)   Each subsequent conviction - not less than $300.00 nor more than $500.00, and/or be incarcerated for a period not to exceed 10 days and/or have his/her contractor license suspended for a period of 30 to 365 days.

(b)   City inspector may issue "Stay Work Order" directing the contractor to cease all work until the contractor complies with this article and the "stay Work Order" is withdrawn.

(c)   Any person found guilty of violating a "Stay Work Order" shall be fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00 and may also be incarcerated for a period not to exceed 10 days in jail.

(Ord. 2482)